Friday, September 12, 2014

Checking in...


 Checking in before I let months pass all over again, I still haven't had time to devote to wrapping up my photo edits from some past photoshoots and I still have quite a bit of work ahead of me, namely planning out the Spirited Away shoot but I have wrapped up the Howl Commission and has succesfully shipped it out and waiting for some photos back.

I'm stuck at work burred in work and homework and the responsibilities of a Bachelor party (yes you read it right, bachelor....not bachlorette..) while everyone is at Yaoi-con...or Y am I not there con. But oh well, responsibilities.



I feel I completely underestimated the amount of work it really goes into school especially sketching class, I've heard horror stories about art classes but I didn't expect it to be this challenging. Its a good challenge but its definetely have its up and downs. I find myself devoting 2-3 hours a night working on the homework and I feel its not even enough.

I'm taking 2 fashion classes this semester and I can only imagine how much I'll wanna hang myself come next semester.

Let me just start by saying I am no artist, I was not blessed with hands that can sketch, draw or paint. Its all a struggle to me but I know with enough practice and diligence you could train your muscle and eye to move to how you want it to be. Thats the thing I feel I lack the most is practice...juggling full time work hours, gym hours and then commission and homework is not the business. I have been getting less and less sleep lately but thats nothing new, except this time it feels justified due to progress. My biggest critique right now is getting the leg proportions right on the croquis...

sketching hands and feet on a separate paper is ok but for some reason getting them on the body is a whole nothing ball game...or even getting the leg proportions down too...practice...

I also tried to turn my hair a violet base again, I yolo mode too much the other time and threw black-blue temp dye over my head and now parts of my hair are fading to a green tone...I threw redpurple over it but its not taking it in...and continues to fade out...some parts of my hair are also bleached out so that too is fading quite fast....well...then...
Don't you hate it when you've given yourself a certain period of time to try and locate an item you lost and ultimately giving up and giving in to replacing it only to find out the same day you find said lost item?..

I've lost my Raybans and scratched up my other shades really badly to the point I can't really see with them..oops I googled up ways to fix it but driving in direct sunlight just no no no. Wrinkles no no no. So I caved and got new shades (woah not happy with the price but the quality is nice tbh) but then thatsame day I found my Raybans == and was tempted to return this pair but...I....like it orz...dammit...



This has been my life, my world the last few weeks, I sometimes question the direction I'm going and if this will really get me anywhere but after last nights session in class on learning how to do the flats and sketches and how the professor placed an emphasis that you can draw shitty croquis but excel in flats, thats where the job market is... so thats a little light of hope since I'm a little bit more confident in my flats... I can tell this is gonna be a painful and expensive semester...

I still have to order my markers and pencils and I'm definitely not looking forward to that but excited at the same time. Financial aid pls....


No comments:

Post a Comment