Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Here it is, it only took me a decade to get them out! I had originally taken more photos but had to scrap a whole bunch of them! Due to several reasons, I'm not gonna lie, I had so much gripe and grief against this fashion show that it really did took me this long to scrub through the photos /:
the dresses were gorgeous as expected but the organization was absolute trash. As many of you read the show ran incredibly late and was delayed by HOURS. There were no designated press area. We ended up crouching in the middle of the isle. To them its good enough that we got front and center photos but to be frank, my friend who sat on the  SIDE got much better shots than I did! Better lighting and whatnot!

Most of the shots I got, even after taking several shots of each model was just no good. You got the terrible grainy background from the projector image they had on the back, all the lighting was from the sides so by the time the models walked up to you (even with a zoom lens) there was just far too much shadow over their faces. Granted hooded bangs and hoodies were part of their coordinations /: it just did not help at all.

I'm still very much on the fence on returning to this con, the only motivation I would have to go is to meet friends who are all flying from the far east coast to this con for next year and I will definitely not be applying for press as it was the biggest waste of time.

With that being said, if you want to see more photos from the fashion show you can view them from my friends page over at Sakuran Art





















No comments:

Post a Comment