Wednesday, December 10, 2014

MEME BOX | Missha Strawberry Latte & Rice Mask Review

Coming in from my Black Friday/Cyber Monday haul I got some goodies from MEME box! A website dedicated to all things korean skin care and cosmetics.

They had some mad sale going on before hand and I just had to jump on it.

[Their also doing a free shipping deal right now through the holidays! Take advantage of this deal~ follow the banner below!]






Starting out with the Missha 'Secret Recipe' Brightening Rice Mask

HOW TO USE After washing face, prepare skin with Toner
Get appropriate amount and apply over face, avoiding lip and eye areas.
Leave for 10-15 minutes.
Wash off thoroughly with lukewarm water.

INGREDIENTS Rice Water Extract, Water, Peony Extract, Lily Magnolia Extract, Madonna Lily Flower Extract, Lily of the Valley Extract, Methyl Paraben, Disodium EDTA, Propyl Paraben, Butylene Glycol, Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol
 Pretty self explanatory what this is, its a 'wash off' type face mask infused with Rice Water which has been used for thousands of years and thats how most Asian women keeps their skin nice and healthy. I've done a DIY Rice Flour/Rice Water mask before and it worked great but ain't nobody got time to mix one every time :x and this was on sale so why not~

Unlike the Skin Foods version this one applies alot thicker in a paste form consistency versus the more 'beady' textured Skin Food Version and smells heavily of Rice. So if your not a fan of the smell of fresh rice, then this isn't for you. Its not pungent by any means though. After washing it off I can immediately tell it does make my skin brighter but I wouldn't say the effects are very long lasting.

Partially maybe because I don't drink enough water as of late and lack of sleep. But its definitely great for those 'pick me up' days though :D

 It did help reduce the redness in my face, helped made it look plump and alive. Yes yes yes! After using this up I'm probably going to try switching to the Skin Food version to give it a shot, hopefully MEME box stocks it too :x


****


Another haul from the Memebox x Missha is the Strawberry Cream latte one - coz come on, who doesn't love gimmicky latte or milky cleansers? I know I probably got suckered into a few facoail products before only because it screamed MILK or Latte :x oops


and upon further research they even have CHOCOLATE and Green tea which obviously does different things!

The strawberry latte cleanser claims to be a brightening one, the green tea one would be for sebum control (oh holler I need that come summer/wamer seasons) and the chocolate firms and brightens as well.

Dispenses in a thick pearly foam wash and lathers really quickly without the need of a sponge or cleansing brush.

It does have a 'strawberry cream/latte' smell to it, not the traditional strawberry scent mind you. It definitely what foamed milk with a hint of strawberry would smell like.

I've used this now that its winter time which is right around the time my skin starts to get dry patches but so far so good no dry patches at all and cleans really well. And doesnt leave my skin super stripped. I don't know if you've ever encountered some facial washes that cleans so well than it just feels your face tightens up or your hand 'drags' across it from how clean it is :x This one does not leave itl like that.

As for the brightening effect, I personally didn't notice the difference much, versus in comparison to when I use a mask. I like to think this is very comparable to the Kracie face washes I've used from before but definitely a bit cheaper (if you get it during the sale). A little bit goes a long way. It doesn't take much to wash your face or to even lather up the product.

As far as it cleaning off makeup off your face, I'd say it works just as well as removing foundation but  I wouldn't rely on it to remove eyemakeup or makeup in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment