Thursday, May 5, 2011

zoommbiiess & Kool-Aid

sorry for lack of update, doubt alot of people really read the blog anyways :D lol /self pity much?! xD;;
but definitely not alot has been happening thats worth updating about, family stuff mostly has been a whirlwind of events the last few days, I wont really disclose it here since this is a public blog and I havent bothered with my LJ for forever as well. So, lets move on.

I dont really have much to update so I dont know why I'm even bothering to spam this page ;;

first and foremost, I'm still trying to work on possibly finding and working out a neater layout for this blog since I feel like everything I write or do is pretty much been slapped on here lol, from every day adventures to epic fail moments, to product reviews and whatnot, but hey. Atleast we got some handy little tags over on the side bar to pretty much help locate exact blog entries right?... ;A; right?....

I have a few reviews / tutorials I've been meaning to work on but clearly has NOT happened at all! D: why? well, because I fail. That is all. LOLZ!

so to not keep this post pretty much photo less, I present to you... grape vodka!



yes, clearly we dont own a pitcher or a proper 'sugar' container lol....
because im using an old tin can of coffee to store our sugar....
and an old big giant bottle of Vodka to store Kool-Aid.
Hey, atleast we recycle.

lol, no, joke joke! its actually Kool-Aid. Since me and my roomies have pretty much hit the last of our $10 in our checking account and all are simply too poor to really drop any real money on groceries, we've ended up raiding our meager pantries for food to get us by till we all get paid this Friday. One of our all time biggest expenses - guilty guilty. Is beverages. I for one simply LOOOOOVE Arizona Tea, especially the green tea ones. I'm lucky enough to live by Walgreens AND Vons both across the street and Target simply being a 10 min walk away at most, which all mostly has this stuff on sale, may it be 2 for $5 (for the BIG jugs mind you!) or for simply $3 something, versus its almost regular price of $4?.... so I try to keep ONE jug of it at all times in the fridge and simply fill up a thermos before I head to work and usually last me a good 4 hrs while I'm at work, and when obviously you get home, you end up chugging some more?! lolz. and well, with the heat wave settling in, obviously we all wanted something refreshing to drink, May it be Orange-ade or pineapple juice ;A;. I personally dont drink Soda and have given up drinking Alcohol for the majority of the hot weather season...LOL, I just dont like drinking alcohol when its hot, coz it raises your body temperature! LOOOOLZ and I prefer to be freezing versus being warm! XD;;
but yes I digress! So I found these cheapie packets of Kool-aid and decided to try my hand on making Grape and Cherry (the cherry i ended up putting in an empty milk jug. Next I think I'll use an old jug of Arizona Ice Tea to store the next patch so its bigger. Or keep using up empty Vodka Bottles. LOOOLZ)

Bro Tip 1: (iunno why I'm calling it BRO tip tbh...;A; genderbender much?) keeping Kool-Aid and other beverages in empty Alcohol bottles forces most of your guest to NOT opening the bottle and drinking all your amazing refreshments :D so long as you lie to their faces that its not really alcohol, you should be good. LOLZ.
I'm all up for sharing but, when you're at the last bit of your $10 and that $10 is going to go to your gas tank and you dont exactly fancy water, well, then, you better damn well be stingy of what you have D:< and if their complaining, well, ill gladly ope the door and tell them to walk across the street to Vons or Walgreens and get their own drinks xD;;

Bro Tip 2: ALWAYS ALWAYS put less Kool-aid ;A; that shit on the packets direction is always BSing you. =___=
I suggest using a good 1/3 of sugar or splenda to 1-1.5 packets of Kool-aid to a quart of water. Taste as you go, but def easier to build up the taste of kool-aid versus adding a shit tone of water and not having enough powder.

Bro Tip 3: get empty ice cube trays and fill it up with pre mixed Kool-aid, cover it with seran wrap and stick tooth pick through it. Freeze. And you got yourself some Kool-Aid pop sickles, just like how mom use to make it >:D!
I remember using orange juice (tang) alot when I was younger. Def beats the heat back home!!! Or we use to fill up small plastic bags with juice, tie them up at the ends and freeze for osme home-made popsickles.
(yes, you can spike your pop-sickles with Vodka too.....xD)
and using clear wrap will help the tooth picks from falling down while its in the process of freezing the mixture over :B

Bro Tip 4: with your Kool-Aid ice cubes or popsickles, you can even drop them into another glass full of another Kool-Aid flavor to get some variety in your Kool-Aid drink for some awesome mix-ins :D or. yes. drop it in a bottle to chill your skittles vodka too! or. well. my fav mixture: vodka + monster + kool-aid iced cubes (for flavor instead of using skittles) :DDDD

Bro Tip 5: for us poor bastards out there, packets of Kool-Aid run about .39 cents at Target :B (plus tax too foo, but thats pretty cheap tbh!)

LOL, wow. this post was meant to talk about Call of Duty's new Map Packs and Call of the Dead but I ended up talking about Kool-Aid drinks and what the hell you can do with it. xD

1 comment:

  1. lolololol- I loooovee cheap solutions to those last few, desperate days before paychecks come in.

    (That's actually quite clever...) Would it be weird if I told you I've never had Kool-Aid. xDD I really haven't. I kinda' survive on water and milk (not a fan of soda, really), and occasionally, coconut water, as I'm a stereo-typical Jamaican. Haha.

    ...I might steal your genius idea of putting a regular drink in a huge alcohol bottle and warning of scavengers. (I know there's an empty rum bottle somewhere in my house somewhere....)

    ReplyDelete