Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Vanilla Matcha Cookies


lol, yes guess who raided Marukai and just bought 3 more boxes of Sakura Matcha Kit Kat?! lol. Totally a fatty mcfatfat.

Not really...Q__Q I'm sending these out to friends so they can try it too! Unfortunately these are limited items only, as they only come out in the Spring in Japan when the Cherry Blossoms are in bloom.


Yay me, look whos trying to be all productive and stuff?! LOL

More like, look whos trying to be cool and being all 'I'm going to update this blog more often' type deal....so fail. I really have not much to talk about HAHA...

Other than, I really really really need to start sewing or working on costumes HAHAHA or build my new BB Gundam so I can allow myself to get another one o__olll

yeah right, as if that'll happen .___.ll ugh. Cramped neck. stupid pillow. Ah, moving on!!!




For thise ghetto recipe you're going to need....5 ingredients ONLY! :D and is going to be super easy! Prep time is under 20 mins! :D hurhruhur

I have 2 variations to these Vanilla Matcha cookies actually, this particular recipe only calls for 5 super super super simple ingredients - perfect for people staying in college dorms - granted you have access to a toaster LOL or a oven and don't want to be storing all sorts of ingredients that you're probably going to barely use; ie: baking soda, flour etc etc. Right? :D



The inspiration for these lovely cookies, are, of course the new Kitkat Sakura Matcha cookies, unfortunately I dont have sakura extract - its real. Trust me, I've seen it. Unfortunately I have not been able to find a seller that carries it internationally. If push comes to shove I might be super desperate enough to try and shopping service HAHA.

Ingredients:


I do want to advice tho, that this ghetto recipe
wont allow you to use a cute cookie cutter /: the next one I'll be posting - will tho! :D
this recipe produces a soft moist cookie, crunchy on the outside but nice, soft and moist on the inside and goes amazing with
Matcha Latte or just green tea in general. Or, if your a cookie purist - MILK!

  • CAKE MIX - yes, I'm dead serious. I told you this is going to be super easy to make and does not call for a lot of ingredients that most people - unless you're an avid baker. Wont really have!
  • 2 Tablespoon Agua (Water)
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1/2 Vegetable Oil
  • Matcha Powder (Green Tea Powder). For this recipe I used about 3/4 of a teaspoon of Matcha (you can adjust how much matcha you put depending no how strong you want it to be)
  • White chocolate chips - optional (you can get chocolate and chop it up yourself, but I prefer the Hersheys chocolate chips since they dont exactly MELT and DIE in the oven like other chocolates might...)
  • Vanilla Extract - Optional

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees 8D

All these ingredients - minus the matcha can be bought at Target and all should run you under $10! 8D

The reason why I'm using a cake mix is, as I explained, this particular recipe calls for people who don't always own the essentials to baking and this is just for someone whose looking for something super fast, quick and easy to snack on.

You can get Matcha powder from your local Asian Market, just be weary some Matcha can from Thailand, China, Japan. Etc...I don't know how the taste would vary to be honest since I am no Matcha offinado lol and I prefer my teas to be on the stronger sweeter side. So I am by no means, an expert on knowing pure matcha and etc.

I got mine at Marukai (a Japanse market, like Mitsuwa and Nijiya)- or if you don't have access to one, you can simply purchase them directly via eBay or Amazon, I just picked up any POWDERED matcha I found. Granted they run alittle pricey...this tiny tin can cost me almost $10. (It was around $8somethingsomething) but a little goes a long way!



I'm not sure what the name is exactly of this brand, it seemed like its one of the more generic ones anyway. Don't be fooled by the amount you see, when you first open it, its sealed completely with a metal can opener thing. Open that to reveal your matcha in a bag - to help preserve freshness and keep it from being a mess!

Just be careful when you open the bag, I'd snip just a tiny tiny bit on the side to let some air out, this will also help move most of the powder DOWN to the bottom of the bag and not stick all over the place and make you waste a bunch of that precious matcha powder.

So with your ingredients assembled. Combine the Dry Ingredients together! LOL



Pour all your cake batter into a mixing bowl and drop about a teaspoon of matcha, for this recipe...I used about 3/4 of a teaspoon of Matcha since I wasnt sure how strong I want it to be. You can add less or more depending on how strong you want the green tea to be.



Mix the dry ingredients together. Also, I'd suggest using a fork or a whisk to combine the dry ingredients together.The point is you want to avoid any clumps of powder forming and you want to break it all apart so you dont have to deal with them later on when your adding the wet ingredients. If you want you can just run it through a strainer as well.


Mix your wet ingredients onto your dry ones! Mix mix mix mix 8D it should turn it into a nice soft green color~ obviously its gonna be more green color the more matcha you add.

At this point you can also decide if you want to add Vanilla Extract if you want a stronger vanilla flavor. I feel like this also helps create a smoother 'matcha latte' feel/taste.
Also, if you are NOT using a 'french vanilla' cake mix like I am, it might be a good idea to just go ahead and add some vanilla extract in there anyway





At this point you can decide if you want to white chocolate chips in there or not. I halved the batch, half I left without and the other half I added white chocolate chips. And I think everyone loves the one with the chocolate chips more hahaha 8D
again, optional~

Now you want to line your cookie sheet with wax paper - this will keep the cookies from sticking, I wouldnt suggest putting PAM on the cookie sheet as it will actually make the cookies deflate and spread out! So if your going to skip out on the wax paper - be sure you are using NON STICK cookie sheets - my cookie sheets are both non stick but I still prefer using wax paper - makes clean up faster.

Roll them into balls or use a ice cream scooper or melon scooper - I wish I had one, so the cookies would be smaller and cuter ;A; and plop em onto your cookie sheets. Bake for about 8-10 mins (this honestly differs depending on your oven so I just suggest keeping an eye on them, when the edges start to brown up or the top. Their done!)




Pull them out, let them sit and cool on the sheets before removing them or you will break them up! I like to let mine sit for about a few mins before I transfer them to a cooling rack. I'd say 10 mins should be plenty enough - but if you live in colder environments then yeah. Haha


Let them cool, and ENJOY! 8DDD Best enjoyed with a nice tall glass of milk or better yet, matcha milk tea~

The next post I will hopefully be making is to show you another Recipe for Matcha Cookies - this one will allow us to use cute cookie cutters! HAHAHA 8D

And possible a Matcha White choco latte

looool PS, I finally got a legit mousepad HAHAHA NO more using ghetto paper LOLOLZ ohmygawd. Yay marukai for $1.50 mousepads xD



No comments:

Post a Comment